Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

hotels recommendation 2009/6/20 21:47
Hi,

Is there any hotel/ryokan close to Kyoto station that is below 10000 yen? less than 10 minutes walk and clean, tidy and has non-smoking room.

I came across with APA VILLA HOTEL (KYOTO EKIMAE) and Hotel Hokke Club, any of these is good?

Also I am going to Hakone and planning to stay at Green Plaza Hakone Hotel since it has view of Mt Fuji from the hotel. Is it easily accessible by transportation going to the "round course"?

Thx

by guest (guest)  

... 2009/6/21 12:55
There are lots of business hotels like APA around the station. APA, Hokke Club, etc. are all clean and efficient business hotels, but the rooms tend to be very small. They are recommended if you do not mind small rooms (10-20 square meters).

I came across with APA VILLA HOTEL (KYOTO EKIMAE) and Hotel Hokke Club, any of these is good?

The Green Plaza Hakone Hotel is conveniently located a few steps from a station along the Hakone Ropeway, halfway through the Round Course.
by Uji rate this post as useful

good location 2009/6/22 20:23
Thanks, Uji

Will Kyoto Station be an ideal place to stay if i am going to trips outlined below? (Some of the book I read recommends Downtown/Central Kyoto as the best to stay since it has many restaurants and shops and close to everything).

Day1
1. Kiyomizudera
2.Gion
3.Heian Jingu

Day2
1.Kinkakuji
2.Arashiyama
3.Himeji Castle (outside Kyoto)

Please let me know if you think it will be adequate time given my pace will be slow traveller type.

If you think i can add more side trips, please let me know your recommendation.

Thx
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/23 06:18
Day 1 sounds okay, but day 2 is too packed for somebody who likes a slow travel pace.

Kyoto Station sounds like a good base for your plans.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread