Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

its a sort of survey about JRP 2009/6/21 05:47
hi

In my country i'm trying to assist with information fellow travellers who planing a trip to Japan.

In My country you have to pay high commision for JRP... I paid 75$ commission to 3 weeks JRP... and that was on a time the the US$ was weak compare to local money.

I would like to know if anyone here pay commissions in his country? or at Thailand or Korea.
by Doron  

no commission here 2009/6/22 06:12
I bought my 3 week JR pass in the US from the JTB office in NYC. As I recall, I only paid whatever the exchange rate was plus a shipping fee (~$10-$20?). The Japanese amount of the pass didn't change, but the USD to JPY exchange rates did from week to week.

Actually, the staff told me to wait a couple of days to officially order the pass, as the dollar exchange rate was better for me the next week, so I spent less in the end than I thought I would...

It might be the case that different agencies may impose commission rates on the passes but I don't think JTB did...
by mike (guest) rate this post as useful

not here 2009/6/22 08:21
We buy our passes through Japan Package Tours in Melbourne (excellent agency BTW) : purely charged at the exchange rate (rounded out to the nearest $)and no fee for posting.
by fmj rate this post as useful

Almost 2009/6/22 08:59
Doran, did you use a travel agency? I almost bought my JR Pass through a travel agency but as soon as the agent said they were going to add a commission I refused. So I travelled to the nearest place (about 3 hours away) and bought mine directly from an "authorized" seller.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

well 2009/6/23 05:06
thanx.

yes i bought from an agency. I don't know who's authorized seller. I only know there are two agencies that sell the ticket with a commission of 70-100$.

I know some people would like to inquire about purchasing a ticket on the internet too. I think if the travel to another country before, it might be worthwile to buy it threre. like Korea or Thailand for instance.

thanx for you comments.
by Doron rate this post as useful

reply to this thread