Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JAL or ANA 2009/6/22 06:48
Has anyone travelled from Heathrow to Narita {return} with either of these airlines? What is in-flight entertainment/food like and is there plenty of leg room? Many thanks for any advice Jeannie
by Heannie  

JAL 2009/6/22 12:23
Heannie,

While I cannot comment specifically on the Heathrow to Narita route, you should note that the quality of service (and especially food) on JAL has deteriorated noticeably in recent years due to various cutbacks. I don't believe their economy class seating pitch is any better or worse than their competitors, but I wouldn't call the legroom "plenty" unless you are under about 5 feet tall.
I haven't flown with ANA in the last 10 years, but unless you are tied to using JAL for mileage club reasons, I would suggest checking out the competition - especially Virgin.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

plenty of legroom? 2009/6/22 12:35
I am 5'9" and have never flown an airline that I thought had plenty of legroom in economy class, so can't help you there, but to me JAL and ANA are pretty much alike. The service is fine on both.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Both are ok 2009/6/22 12:54
I agree with Sira...

Well i am only 5feet2 but i dont think that there is enough legroom in all the economy class which i have flew over the years... I have recently been to Japan on ANA... I find their service quite good... There is nothing to rave about cos like most airlines, they do have in-flight movies and games to keep us entertained... Food also not too bad... I think JAL shouldnt be too far off...

Actually... i suggest u should check which airline gives the best price offer... =) More savings = more shopping in Japan !!! =)
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

I have to comment on this.... 2009/6/22 21:28
-as it seems to me, that its an "unwritten rule" at JAL, that they upgrade "tall foreign passengers" from Economy to Premium Economy if possible. At least this has been the case for me on my previous 3 flights with JAL. (from both Heathrow and CDG)
by Th0mas24 rate this post as useful

Thankyou 2009/6/23 03:02
Many thanks for your helpful replies, I appreciate your time, best wishes Jeannie
by Heannie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread