Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass 2009/6/22 07:48
Hello and thank you for assisting me!

Visiting Japan 8/1 through 8/16

I will be spending 3 days in Kyoto 8/2 through 8/5 and then moving on to Yokosuka from 8/6 through 8/16. I'll be traveling from Yokosuka to Tokyo daily.

Should I buy the 14 day pass to cover my travels between Yokosuka and Tokyo? I want to visit Shibuya,Shinjuku, Akihabara,Harajuku etc.
by Dereck  

... 2009/6/23 06:07
No, assuming you arrive through Osaka's Kansai Airport, regular tickets will come cheaper than any rail pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

JR Pass 2009/6/23 07:06
Hi different user name, but same person. I’m using my at work account.

BTW-Thanks for helping me out Uji…so it would be cheaper to use individual train tickets?

Factoring in getting around Kyoto and travel from Kyoto to Yokosuka. I will also be traveling daily from Yokosuka to Tokyo. Can you walk me through the best way to do this?
by Gatsby71 (guest) rate this post as useful

JR Pass 2009/6/23 07:09
BTW-I will be arriving at the Osaka/Kansai airport.

... 2009/6/23 08:21
Yokosuka City downtown is served by 2 different railway companies, JR and Keisei. Pls check which railway station is closer to your place.

Answer may depend on it.
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

oh 2009/6/23 08:22
Sorry, it's not Keisei but Keikyu.
by ts (guest) rate this post as useful

one option 2009/6/23 08:29
It costs 2100yen to make a round trip between JR Yokosuka and JR Tokyo stations.

JR East Holiday Pass(available during August) costs 2300yen for 1day and offers unlimited JR ride in Greater Tokyo(excluding LTD Express and Shinkansen).

So it will pay off if you also get around Tokyo during the day.
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

JR Pass 2009/6/23 08:41
Is this round trip ticket like a day pass? Can I use it to get to places like Shibuya,Shinjuku and Akihabara?

RE: Yokosuka - Tokyo trips 2009/6/23 12:18
: Can I use it to get to places like Shibuya,Shinjuku and Akihabara?

Yes. Shibuya, Shinjuku, Ikebukuro, Ueno, Akihabara, and Narita Airport stations are all within Free Area of JR-East Holiday Pass.
If you leave Japan from Narita Airport, this pass may cover a fare to the airport station but doesn’t cover a charge for Narita Express [N'EX].
This pass may make your travel flexible.

If each of your destinations in Tokyo is near a station of Yamanote Line, there is another option conceivable.
Another option: Fares per adult
2 x Commutation books (kaisuu-ken): Yokosuka - Shinagawa 品川 : 15,600 yen for 22 rides.
Regular fare: Shinagawa - Ikebukuro: 250 yen (one-way).
Regular fare: Shinagawa - Shinjuku or Ueno: 190 yen (one-way).
Regular fare: Shinagawa - Shibuya or Akihabara: 160 yen (one-way).
Regular fare: Shinagawa to Airport Terminal 2 or Narita Airport: 1,450 yen #1.
JR total for August 6 through 16: Est. 22,550 yen (= 15,600 yen + 11 x 2 x 250 yen + 1,450 yen).
You can either exit JR-East at Shinagawa Sta. or adjust fare at a Yamanote Line station / Yokosuka Sta.
#1: Narita Express [N'EX] requires seat reservation and a charge (1,860 yen per adult for an ordinary-class seat).

//

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

JR Pass 2009/6/24 02:06
Thank you very much!!

reply to this thread