Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Commuter Passes 2009/6/22 10:23
Hello,

I'm trying to find out what the required method is to get a commuter pass and possible costs. I'll be travelling between Higashi Nakano and Kashiwa.

Ill be doing this trip for at least 18days. Is it possible to get a weekly pass or a monthly pass?
Is the cost reduced due to frequency?
Do I need to do anything special to get a commuter pass at the point of sale?

Thankyou in Advance

Juuloo
by Juuloo (guest)  

. 2009/6/22 16:00
From HigashiNakano to Kashiwa will cost you 19360yen for one month.

There are many different routes you can take to cover this trip, a commuter pass allows you to travel unlimited only on the selected routes you choose.

The best way would probably be, HigashiNakano to Shinjuku, then Yamanote Line from Shinjuku to Ueno Station, then the Joban line from Ueno to Kashiwa Station.
With the commuter pass you are allowed unlimited ons and offs at any stations between those segements I mentioned (if you chose to go with that route).

To purchase a commuter pass you can purchase it at the vending machines marked "COMMUTER PASS" and there is a english function where you can input all information in English if you like. You can also have the option of having the card on a Suica card (500 yen extra) or a regular magnetic card. The card will also be registered in your name in case you lose it.

Alternately, there are no weekly passes per say, there are packets of 11 tickets at a cost of only 10 tickets. So a one way ticket is 690 yen from HigashiNakano to Kashiwa, so 11 tickets will be 690x10 = 6900 yen .

The advantage of the Commuter Pass over the packet of 10 tickets is again you have unlimited rides on your designated route, so if you are traveling from HigashiNakano to Shinjuku on your offtime you don't have to pay any extra.
by Express Train (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread