Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Camper van travel 2009/6/23 04:51
I was wondering how stuid an idea it is to hire a camer van to do some travelling round Japan for a week maybe 2?
Is it easy to hire camper vans-not bother about anything fancy?
How much would it cost for a week?
Is it a good ides for where we might go. Not sure on itinery yet but places of interest are Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe, Hiroshima. I really don't know where to go yet.
Also does anyone know about luggage storage in Tokyo. Want to take a suitcase to Tokyo(as I buy a lot there) but just want a backpack for rest of Japan. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
by Hayley (guest)  

... 2009/6/23 17:19
A camper is not a stupid idea for rural areas like Hokkaido. But I would not recommend campers, at all, in highly urbanized regions like Tokyo-Kyoto-Hiroshima. Distances are big and streets in the cities are narrow and crowded. Finding parking for a camper in the cities must be very difficult.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Long Term Campervan 2009/8/5 18:49
I also have the same idea. But hire a campervan for long term (6 months above) may be worth to think to buy one. Anybody have any idea or website to look?
by EQ Herman (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread