Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Have JR Pass, Hakone&Nikko Pass? 2009/6/24 01:40
Hi aLL..would like to seek ur advise, i already have JR Pass for my 8 days trip in Japan in which have Nikko & Hakone on the itinerary with the 7 Days with JR Pass.

Should i still buy the Hakone Pass at Odawara so that all local trip in Hakone covered (cable car, Ropeway, Bus, cruise) ?
which one more efficient in price buy this hakone pass or buy individual ticket (under normal tourist trip)

Same question for Nikko also. Should i use my JR pass until JR Nikko station then buy individual tickets for bus ?
Btw, where can i buy 1 day pass for Nikko buses?

Really appreciate any of ur help ^^

tks A Million!
Pudd
by Puddink (guest)  

... 2009/6/24 10:08
Should i still buy the Hakone Pass at Odawara so that all local trip in Hakone covered (cable car, Ropeway, Bus, cruise) ?

Yes, you can buy the pass at Odawara - that already gives you savings over buying individual tickets if you do the Hakone round course (please refer to Travel section of this website), and convenience.

Same question for Nikko also. Should i use my JR pass until JR Nikko station then buy individual tickets for bus ? Btw, where can i buy 1 day pass for Nikko buses?

Yes, you can use JR pass to JR NIkko, then buy bus tickets, or a bus pass. If you are going up as far as Kegon Falls, then it makes sense to buy the "Chuzenji Onsen Pass. One way bus ride up to Kegon Falls costs 1,000 yen, and the bus pass is 2,000, I believe.

You might have to walk from JR Nikko to Tobu Nikko station (not far) to buy the bus pass (I only know the travel desk at Tobu Nikko station - I'm not sure about exactly where in JR Nikko station), but on the way back, you can ride the bus to JR Nikko station.
by AK rate this post as useful

thanks AK :D 2009/6/25 02:45
AK..Tks alot for ur reply to my questions.. :)

But i still need ur help / others

i found the bus tobu website, (http://www.tobu-bus.com/pc/index.php) all in japanese though :P

wud u mind let me knw how much is the pass and how far is it cover? until the yumoto onsen? one day pass?

beacause i would need to confirm whether it is more cost efficient for me to get one of the nikko pass (world heritage/all nikko) as i want to visit both the temples and onsen if possible :)

i will be staying for 1 night in hakone..which part of hakone would be the best place to stay? do u have any recommendation of hotel in hakone area?

tks aLot

by Puddink (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread