Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo-Hakone-Gotemba? Plus, hotsprings? 2009/6/24 06:33
Sorry Uji,

I searched the forum and looked at 5 pages and couldn't get the answer. I'll be in Tokyo and have the 7 day rail pass. I want to go to Hakone for the day and go to the outlets around 5PM and then back to Tokyo.

What's the best method of transportation. Take the JR train but I read it doesn't go all the way into Hakone.

From Hakone, what's the best way to get to Gotemba? Lastly, I know there is not a direct train from Gotemba back to Tokyo via JR. I can you tell me the best method. I want to use my 7 day pass as much as possible.

Once in Hakone, do you think I should buy the free Hakone pass or pay for each method of transportation besides using JR.

Lastly, sorry for all the questions. Does anyone know where I can book a private hot springs online in english? I'd like to get into a private spot and get it reserved.

Thanks again to everyone for their help!
by jk (guest)  

??? 2009/6/24 13:43
???

Anybody can help with my travel plans?
by jk (guest) rate this post as useful

Hakone and Gotemba 2009/6/24 22:04
With the JR Rail Pass you take a kodama shinkansen to Odawara. There buy the 2 day ( no one day available ) Hakone Free Pass at Yen 3900. Then do the roundcourse and continue to Gotemba as mentioned here under travel:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5213.html
From JR Gotemba station you can go back to Tokyo station with JR trains only under use of your JR Railpass.
I do not know of a private bath you can prebook. Visit one of the many onsen mentioned under travel and Hakone onsen. No need to pre-book.
by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks! 2009/6/25 01:44
Thanks Peter!

That's what I thought. Do you think it's worth it to buy the Hakone Free Pass or should I pay for each form of transportation individually?

by jk (guest) rate this post as useful

have the same question.. 2009/6/25 02:56
hi jk..apparently i have the same question with urs..

i also have JR Pass thinking of whether its worth it or not to get the hakone pass?

i am planning to stay one nite in hakone..so probably i am going to take the hakone pass from odawara (3900yen)
coz if u want to take the ride such as lake ashi cruise (1000yen) and ropeway (return is around 1300yen)..not to mention the buses (hakone park, onsen, temple & gotemba outlet)
but really i am not sure how much bus within local hakone area :)

i would like to know if anybody has some advise regarding this ^^

is it worth it if lets say we only do one day in hakone?

tKs.. v^.^
by puddink (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/25 07:00
That's what I thought. Do you think it's worth it to buy the Hakone Free Pass or should I pay for each form of transportation individually?

Depends on how much you travel around Hakone. It pays off pretty easily.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Private hotsprings? 2009/6/26 01:04
From Japanese guest houses, you can book a guest house and stay there -- just look for one that has an onsen I guess. They're organized by prefecture:

http://www.japaneseguesthouses.com/index.htm
by MN (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread