Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Family itinerary 2009/6/26 10:30
Okay, so we are two weeks out, and I figured why not pass the itinerary by the forum crew. My wife, infant son and myself will attempt the following;
July 5 Arrive Narita,
overnight in Ueno
July 6,7; Shinkansen to Furukawa, outside of Sendai to see friends and tour sister school (we are teachers)
July 7; take last train to Hiroshima
July 8; Hiroshima touring
July 9; Miyajima touring
July 10; Himeji-jo
July 11; Himeji (Hoshinoko Yakata and Mt Shoshan)
July 12; Kyoto
July 13; Kyoto
July 14; Kyoto
July 15; Kyoto
July 16; Tokyo
July 17; Tokyo, late departure from Narita.

Any opinions, experience or advice more than welcome.
by westcoastwanderer (guest)  

Kure 2009/6/26 21:59
I would recommend more time in Hiroshima and Tokyo, and less in Kyoto. (Just me)

Traveling is hard enough, and you got kids. More time to recoup, you know.

When you're in Hiroshima, you can take a train to Kure and see the battleship Yamato Museum.
by Nopohana (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/28 11:46
If you spend the nights of July 7 and 8 in Hiroshima and the night of July 9 on Miyajima (or in Hiroshima), I think you have a slow enough pace for the two destinations, and there is no need to move Kyoto days to Hiroshima, unless you are interested in other sights outside of Hiroshima (e.g. Iwakuni, Kure).
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/28 12:11
The Furukawa - Hiroshima leg; I think that's over 6 hours, so that (even with Nozomi shinkansen between Tokyo - Hiroshima) you need to leave around 4 or 5 in the afternoon.
by AK rate this post as useful

...... 2009/6/28 14:10
Yes AK, that is a long travel leg, we are thinking of seeing Matsushima in the morning and we have to leave by 3pm to arrive in Hiroshima at 11pm. No Nozomi for us since we are on JR passes.
I'm glad to hear what you contributed Uji because even with all those Kyoto days, we are hard pressed to see it all. And we are just realizing that the Gion Matsuri gets going that week, but we would have to loose Tokyo all together to see the parade. We are obviously putting priority on Kyoto over Tokyo, but there are a few things in Tokyo we want to see. Thanks for the input and keep it coming!:)
by westcoastwanderer (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread