Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Will I have enough time? Tokyo to Kyoto 2009/6/30 02:26
Hello I am going to Kyoto from August 15-23 and I had my flight plans ready to go and just yesterday Delta changed my flight information pretty drastically and I am trying to find a work around.

Before my flight was MIA (5:45 am) - ATL (8:00 am), ATL (11:45am) - NRT (1:30 pm). These times were ideal because this would give us the time to get to Clear customs, get to Tokyo Station, Take Nozomi to Kyoto Station, then take the train to Shijo station.

However, Delta decided it would be best to give me a 7 hour layover in Atlanta and then have me arrive in Tokyo at 5:00 pm. I feel that this gives us very little wiggle room to get to Kyoto in time because from what I hear the public transportation closes at 8 or 10pm. Either way I think I would get there too late.

We decided to fly directly to Tokyo instead of Osaka because it was actually $550 cheaper per person ($855 instead of $1400) and it would give us the opportunity to ride a Nozomi! I'm afraid I will get to my ryokan too late to check in as well. I am very frustrated with Delta. I knew there could be flight changes but I didn't think it would be like this. They even changed my plane so I no longer have laptop power from coach. Anywyas, do I have time to get to my destination? What are my options? Sorry for typing so much. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
by NAQ (guest)  

... 2009/6/30 09:45
It takes about 5-6 hours from landing in Narita to arrival in Kyoto. So, if you arrive at 5pm, you should be able to get to Kyoto by 11pm.

Public transportation closes around midnight.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/30 09:55
You'll make it. Just be sure to inform your hotel/ryokan of your arrival time change due to flight time change; particulary if it's a ryokan (with dinner included) they will need to be informed.
by AK rate this post as useful

by train 2009/6/30 14:33
when you are in Narita be sure to ask the JR staff at the Narita JR station to book you on trains on a Narita-Shinagawa-Kyoto route. Much easier than through Tokyo station..
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread