Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Mt. Fuji (5th station) 2009/7/2 12:58
Hi,

Most economical way to visit Mt. Fuji (5 th station) from Tokyo (Shinjuku station) on a day trip? Is there a JR bullet train that goes to the 5th station or close to it? or is a direct bus the best way?

Or am I better off purchasing an all inclusive day tour package to Mt. Fuji from a tour operator?

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

by C (guest)  

... 2009/7/2 17:19
Everyday in July and August and on weekends outside the official climbing season (except winter), there is a direct bus from Shinjuku Station in Tokyo to the 5th Station. The cost is 2600 yen one way:
http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/fuji_season.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Tour 2009/7/5 15:02
We did this but with a tour and it was 2 full day and totally worth it because someone else handled the transportation.
We were picked up from our hotel in Tokyo, then went to Mt. Fuji 5th station, lunch on the tour, Owakadani valley with cable car ride, cruise on Lake Ashi then night in a Japanese onsen in hakone - then the next day we left at like 1100 and tour dropped us off in Kyoto but I'm sure there are tours to drop you off in tokyo.
The tour we went with was with JTB/ Sunrise tours
by J. Johnson (guest) rate this post as useful

Express bus to Fujiyama 2009/7/10 02:20
The easiest way to get to mount Fuji is to take the express bus from the Shenjuku station in Tokyo. The last returning bus leaves around 3 so if you're planning a day trip up and back factor that in. My wife and I didn't know that and ended up having to pay for a cab back to Tokyo.
by Tuc (guest) rate this post as useful

seat reservation for Chuo Highway bus 2009/7/17 00:01
How far prior to the departure do I have to reserve seat for Chuo Highway Bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko?
by WjMhZh (guest) rate this post as useful

Shinjuku Station bus 2009/7/17 01:58
The site for booking Shinjuku Station bus is japanese only. I booked this week ( asking my japanese friend to do it for me), and lots of buses are already completely booked (especially Friday to Sunday)
by Maneki Neko (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/17 08:27
If the bus is not booked out, you can make reservations just before boarding at the bus terminal.

Some buses get booked out, others don't. Weekends and the Obon week in mid August are more busy than weekdays.

For today (Friday), for example, all buses still have some vacant seats available.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread