Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Noboribetsu Spa 2009/7/4 11:29
Hello. I and my freind are going to visit Noboribetsu hot spring at the end of June. Could you please advise good hotel with SPA and hot spring water there? Thanks in advance!
by Elena K (guest)  

... 2009/7/5 18:19
The Takimotokan is Noboribetsu's most famous ryokan. It is huge, has the best location, very close to the hell valley and some of the best indoor baths in Japan:
http://www.takimotokan.co.jp/english/index.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2009/7/6 00:27
I stayed in a smaller hotel opposite this one 2 years ago, and both are linked so we can use the onsen at the main hotel. The onsen was really an experience. The number of baths are impressive and we had a good time trying each one.
by Apple76 rate this post as useful

Apple76 2009/7/6 21:14
Do you remember the (English) name of the hotel opposite (also the tel no. if possible) and what did you think of that small hotel ? Would you stay there again ?
by Green (guest) rate this post as useful

Takimoto Inn 2009/7/7 00:35
Managed to find the link to the smaller hotel, but the english page is under construction. It's called Noboribetsu Takimoto Inn:
http://www.takimotoinn.co.jp/index.html

The name suggest that it could be link to the main hotel. I not very sure but I did stayed here and then cross the road to the onsen in the main hotel, which our tour guide told us. Nobody stop us.
For this hotel, it looks very budget but clean and comfortable. The bathroom are extremely small, so we took our bath at the onsen. Would certainly go back again because I think it's much cheaper than the main hotel, and we can enjoy the same facilities.

The onsen is really an eye opener. There are 4 outdoor hot spring pools and at least 7 indoor pools, all pools with different temperature or therapeutic effects. The bath area was very well equipped with branded shampoo, bath cream, moisturizer, facial cleanser and scrubs. There were shared bath areas, individual cubicles, low stool or chairs for you to pick where you want to have a relaxing long bath. The dressing area was also well equipped with sanitized combs, hair dryers, facial toner, moisturizer and even cold tea and a chilly area to cool you down after hot spring bath -- taken all these down after my trip :)

Thanks Apple76 2009/7/7 01:33
Your info was most helpful. Looked at the hotel website you provided, the photo of a twin room looked ok. Agree with you, small bathroom is unimportant in an onsen hotel. Were the two hotels connected by a passageway or you just walked across the road in your yukatas ? What was the food and service like ?

. 2009/7/7 01:43
You just need to cross a 2 lane road and walk a short uphill slope to reach the main hotel. Probably take only 3 mins. we walked there in our Yutaka. It was drizzling then(Aug) and the inn has umbrella at the lobby. One you enter the main hotel, just keep to your left and go straight.

The food at the inn was ok. It was buffet style and quality is just acceptable. Service wise should be ok I guess. We joined package tour, so not much contact with the service staff. This inn also has it's own small onsen but after you been to the big one, you wouldn't wan to go for the small one.

Many thanks Apple76 2009/7/7 13:45
You have been most helpful.

. 2009/7/7 14:23
You are welcome. I certainly wish I can to this onsen soon!

Apple76 2009/7/7 14:47
Our coming trip to Hokkaido includes Lake Toya, Furano+farm Tomita, Asahikawa and Sounkyo. Would appreciate any tips, such as where to stay+eat, what to see/do, if it's not too much trouble.

Noboribetsu & Toyako onsen 2009/7/7 20:44
Hi Green,
If food is priority for you, and you do not mind buffet dinner, I recommend Sun Palace in Toya lake, and Mahoroba in Noboribetsu.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks Liem 2009/7/7 20:54
Yes food important and have only had buffet once in Japan--in Yokohama which was ok. Do the buffets at Sun Palace and Mahoroba serve good seafood including uni and crabs ? Of the 2, were they about the same quality food wise ?

Toyako, Noboribetsu. 2009/7/7 21:14
Hi Green,
They are both equally good. Mahoroba had better crab ,and Sun Place cooked better scallops at the time we were there. But Sun Palace won the day with beautiful Toya lake view and special firework at night, and not to mention the rate of only 20000 yens for the two of us.
By the way, both Sun Palace and Mahoroba have excellent baths , which are equal if not better than Dai-ichi Takimotokan's , in my opinion.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks again 2009/7/7 23:46
Will check-out both hotels on google.

reply to this thread