Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Part-time study in Japan 2009/7/5 08:16
Hi,

Do anyone know why there is no "part-time" Master or Doctorate degree in Japanese University? Or if you know any, please let me know.

Thanx
by A Foreigner in Tokyo (guest)  

... 2009/7/5 13:37
What kind of courses are you looking for? There are many universities that offer "shakaijin koosu," meaning courses for those already in working life (those who graduated from university already and are working but want to come attend graduate courses in the evenings, for example).
by AK rate this post as useful

Part-time study in Japan 2009/7/5 14:27
Hi AK,

Thanks for your reply. For example I want to do a part-time MPhil or PhD degree in Physics. In US or UK, most of the universities accept student to study part-time.

By the way, where can I find out more about those ''shakaijin koosu'' that you mentioned? Many thanks.
by A Foreigner in Tokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/7/5 20:34
It depends on your situation.

Do you have a visa now?

If you have no visa then most universites or schools will not/ cannot sponsor a "part-time student" no such visa category exists therefor requires you to be a full time student.

If you are already in Japan working etc or some other purpose (not tourist/temporary visitor) then your options maybe more open.
by Express Train (guest) rate this post as useful

.. 2009/7/6 11:08
Yes I am working in Japan now. So I can try to apply it. Thanks.

... 2009/7/6 11:29
Without knowing where you are - maybe you can search here:

http://www.gakkou.net/daigakuin/guide/senmonsyoku/ss13....

From the bottom drop-down menu, select 夜間部 (evening classes).
by AK rate this post as useful

.. 2009/7/6 11:39
Thanks.

reply to this thread