Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone on weekend in November 2009/7/8 11:47
We are planning to visit Hakone in November and will likely use JR Pass to Odawara Station and purchase Hakone Free Pass.

1. Do you recommend visiting Hakone during weekdays to avoid the crowd or can we visit on the weekend, Nov. 14 and 15?

2. Can we purchase in advance the Hakone Free Pass ticket at Shibuya Station?

3. Must the Hakone Free Pass be used 2 days consecutively?

Thank you.
by haruko (guest)  

... 2009/7/8 11:58
Do you recommend visiting Hakone during weekdays to avoid the crowd or can we visit on the weekend, Nov. 14 and 15?

Yes, if possible, by all means, I recommend to visit on weekdays. The autumn leaf season makes November weekends particularly busy.

Can we purchase in advance the Hakone Free Pass ticket at Shibuya Station?

You could theoretically buy it through a travel agent around Shibuya, but there is no real need for advance purchase.

Must the Hakone Free Pass be used 2 days consecutively?

Yes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hakone visit 2009/7/10 01:45
Thanks, Uji. Will I miss seeing the autumn leaves in Hakone if I postpone my visit a week later (Nov. 22-23)?

Is the cost of the boat ride on Lake Ashi covered by the Hakone Free Pass?
by haruko (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/11 21:36
Will I miss seeing the autumn leaves in Hakone if I postpone my visit a week later (Nov. 22-23)?

It is probably too late for the higher areas, but some colors might be left in the lower areas.

Is the cost of the boat ride on Lake Ashi covered by the Hakone Free Pass?

Yes, but only one of the two boat companies is covered.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread