Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pedestrian Underpass N. of Osaka Station 2009/7/11 13:12
I will be arriving in Osaka by non-Shinkansen line. I saw on a map a pedestrian underpass (presumably below the New North Building construction site) which connects the Hankyu area and Umeda Sky Building. How can I find this underpass after I exit the JR Osaka station? (Is there a particular exit I need to take?) What I mean is where is the starting point of this underpass? Is the sign for it visibly seen above ground or is it underground of one of the department store/hotel/train station?

I also need to know how to get to the nearest subway station from Osaka Station. I understand there is an approx. 5-minutes walk involved. I'm totally directionally challenged and I can get lost in less than 2 minutes, so plz be concise and clear. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :-)
by YP (guest)  

... 2009/7/12 08:59
How can I find this underpass after I exit the JR Osaka station?

Use the 中央北口 (Central North Gate), pass besides the Yodobashi Camera shop and you will reach the passage in 200 meters. There are also many the public maps and signs.

I also need to know how to get to the nearest subway station from Osaka Station.

There are subway stations all around and below Osaka Station (they are named Umeda Station and Nishi-Umeda Station). Signage is very good, so you should be able to find a subway station easily.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks, Uji 2009/7/12 09:59
Thank you for the direction, Uji. I just hope it will be as easy as you make it sound.

A couple of years ago when I, along with 3 other Americans, arrived in Shin-Osaka Station and were trying to get out of there so we can get to our hotel, I felt like we were in the ant farm with fifty thousand eight hundred seventy-four ants in an underground passage way...everybody else, except us, was moving but we were frozen in place in awe. A funny picture when I think about it now, but it wasn't then. Pathetic, isn't it? :-)
by YP (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread