Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Okinawa mainland not-crowded beaches? 2009/7/12 18:19
Hello,
Probably I am being naive but I am going just 3 days to Okinawa in middle August and I am looking for those wonderful white sand beaches I saw on the posters of the travel agency, but it looks like all beaches are in fact full of parasols and beach beds and overcrowded. I am just staying 3 days so I think I don't have time to visit other islands. I was wondering if there is still any secret hidden beach where the tourists don't go in mass and I can enjoy the natural landcape. I don't need shops or rental things, just a parking and maybe a toilet, but the main thing is, I just don't like crowded beaches T-T
Can you give me any hope? :)
Thanks in advance!!
by Carmen (guest)  

Don't worry! 2009/7/12 20:03
I've been last year in Okinawa main island (near Onnason, but I moved by car) in the middle of August and it was surprising how many wonderful but empty beaches you can find! Even "equipped" beaches were no crowded at all, and I've never had to wait/queue for anything on the beach.
by SB (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/7/12 21:41
Thanks a lot, SB. We are renting a car too, and I was planning to drive along the road which goes close to the shore instead of using the highway to find the secluded beaches. Do you remember any names? Can we find them from the "main" road close to the shore or we will have to take some dust road or secondary road?

Sorry for the many questions and thanks in advance,

Carmen
by Carmen (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/7/12 23:07
I did the same. I drove on the road 58 up to Nago. You can see free beaches just on the side of the road. You encounter many resorts as well. I prefered to stop at resorts beach just because I like some comforts and again they were not crowded at all but quiet and relaxing.
I'd like you got also other people comments as Okinawa island is quite big and everybody has different likings and experiences.
Anyway, I'm sure you will love Okinawa!
by SB (guest) rate this post as useful

Beaches 2009/7/13 08:24
Try here:

http://www.okinawa-information.com/content/okinawa-beac...

My own personal favorite is Aharen Beach on Tokashiki Island. Only a 30 minute ferry ride from Naha Port. Snorkeling, diving, swimming, and not too crowded.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Thnx 2009/7/13 09:34
Thanks a lot, that was helpful ^^
by Carmen (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread