Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7 days or 14 days JR pass? 2009/7/13 15:41
My friend and I are planning to visit Japan during the Sakura season next year for 2 weeks.

We plan to go to Tokyo and Kyoto, and while in Kyoto, a day trip to Osaka and maybe Nara.

The question now is, would it be better to purchase a 7 days or 14 days pass?

Thanks!
by tsuki (guest)  

Need more info 2009/7/13 17:14
Hey, we'd need more info... How long you plan to stay in each place. But, generally speaking, the JR Pass really is only worth it on long distance and/or bullet trains and/or ALOT of travel.

I wouldn't buy it for travel around one city. If I **had** in that city (because I bought it for other travel) then certainly I'd use it though.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

.. 2009/7/13 17:42
Thanks for the reply.

The rough plan is around Tokyo city for about a week, then take the Shinkansen to Kyoto for about another week, and back to Tokyo to fly back.

In Tokyo we would mainly travel within the city. Will have a trip to Kawagoe.
While in Kyoto, aside the city, we will travel a bit further to Arashiyama/Sagano area, maybe Uji as well. Day trips to Osaka and Nara too.

We are planning to get the JR pass, just not sure if we would used as much on JR transports if we get the 14 days pass.

I read a round trip on the Shinkansen to Kyoto is almost the price of the 7 days pass. Is it true?

Is the information enough?

Thanks!
by tsuki (guest) rate this post as useful

JR pass 2009/7/13 18:25
Hi Tsuki ,
If you are planning to stay in Tokyo for a week, 14 day JR Pass is definitely unnecessary. You may want to consider 7 day JR pass for the rest of your travel.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread