Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sumeda river cruise 2009/7/13 17:32
I wonder if anyone knows the schedule or the time of the earliest boat from Hamarikyu to Asakusa on a weekday. I plan to take one after seeing the fish market and wonder if it is too early. Thank you.
by kum (guest)  

SUMIDA River Cruise 2009/7/14 06:13
Hello Kum,

You can check out this website http://www.suijobus.co.jp/ and first clicking on Charge & Timetable at the top and then Hamarikyu. It looks like the ferry leaves Asakusa, stops at Hamarikyu before docking at Hinode Pier, 5 minutes away. We always board the ferry from Hinode Pier for the cruise to Asakusa Pier next to Sumida Park. Nakamise and Kannon Temple is only about 2 blocks walk away from Sumida Park.

You can click on Hinode Pier instead of Hamarikyu to also see the departure time from Hinode Pier. This website appears to have gone through a recent change since the schedules were more user friendly and easier to read. I notice that the annoying groups of squares appear instead of words. Anyway, I hope this is of some help to you as the ferry departure time were always later than what we preferred. A couple of years ago the first departure from Hinode Pier was about 9:30am.

If this is your first Sumida Cruise, you're in for a very pleasant and enjoyable cruise. Whenever we visit Tokyo, we always make it a point to cruise the Sumida River to Asakusa/Sumida Park before walking over to Kannon Temple. From there we catch the subway to Ueno Park and Ameyayoko Cho shopping streets.
by Harold (guest) rate this post as useful

time 2009/7/14 07:28
Allow plenty of time to walk from Tsukiji through Hama Rikyu and to the boat pier: at least an hour, as the garden is wonderful with many photo opps
by fmj rate this post as useful

too much time 2009/7/14 09:15
From the timetable, the first boat leaves Hamarikyu at 10.35. Even allowing for 1 hr in the garden, there seem too much time to kill. Do you have any idea what we can do or see (after visiting the fish market)?
by kum (guest) rate this post as useful

Too Much Time 2009/7/15 04:36
Most people visit Tsukiji Fish Market very early in the morning and probably you too. Most tourist attractions, parks, department stores, etc. open at 9:00am or later. If you're not going to Tsukiji Fish Market for the fish auction, you should consider a later time. If not, have a leisure breakfast after visiting Tsukiji Fish Market.

You can also consider visiting Tokyo Tower and the nearby Zojoji Temple. I believe that the Tower opens at 9:00am. From the Tower, you can see the Temple grounds and the general location of Hamarikyu Park and Hinode Pier.
by Harold (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread