Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mount fuji in March april 2009/7/13 19:21
Hi
i am planning a trip to climb mount fuji in march/april time.
has anybody got any advice about weather conditions and transport regularity at this time of year. thanks in advance.
by feno2000  

Icy. Taxi necessary to 5th station 2009/7/14 00:14
by Kuwahara rate this post as useful

pro 2009/7/14 08:30
You'll need to be a professional climber to climb it that early in the year, it's heavily covered in snow, and all the facilities will still be closed.
by pete (guest) rate this post as useful

march/april 2009/7/14 10:01
has anybody got any advice about weather conditions and transport regularity at this time of year. thanks in advance.

I'm assuming that you're an experienced mountain climber if you're looking to climb in Spring. March/April will bring deep snow and strong winds, and a high chance of avalanche. Someone posted the snow levels and avalanche conditions before but I couldn't find them again.

There is no regular transport outside of the official season, but you can get to the Kawaguchiko 5th station by taxi or car. Note that the Subaru Line Toll Road that leads there may be closed in case of poor weather.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread