Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting around Shirakawago 2009/7/16 20:07
My family and I are planning a trip to Takayama and Shirakawago this December. Is there a day trip bus tour from Takayama to Shirakawago? Is it easy to move around this time (late December) Shirakawago on our own if we decide to go by bus from Takayama?
by marilu (guest)  

... 2009/7/17 08:51
I am not aware of a tour. But it is very easy to get there yourself by bus and equally easy to sightsee through the town. Access and sights are explained on the following pages:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5950.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Getting around in Shirakawago 2009/7/17 17:21
Visited Shirakawago last April. Most places of interest are within walking distances, very easy to move around. Just get a map from the tourist information hut just next to the bus-stop where u alight from the bus from Takayama. We even walk up to the view-point for the panaromic view of the whole village.
by CYC (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/7/17 21:12
Thanks so much for your replies. I hope it will be easy to move around during winter too.
by marilu (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread