Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

leave Kyoto am &get to NGO pm time? 2009/7/17 11:07
My daughter-in-law and I will be flying into Nagoya and will need to get to Kyoto. I have been to Kyoto last summer. Getting around was not easy for English speaking person. We will be leaving Kyoto 1 week apart. If I have a flight out at 12:45Pm on Saturday is it possible to leave Kyoto in the morning and get to the airport on time(allowing of possible direction problems)?
by Autumn (guest)  

kyoto to nagoya airport 2009/7/17 16:04
If I have a flight out at 12:45Pm on Saturday is it possible to leave Kyoto in the morning and get to the airport on time(allowing of possible direction problems)?

Yes. It only take about one and a half hours to go from Kyoto Station to Nagoya Airport with only one transfer along the way. Take a shinkansen from Kyoto to Nagoya Station where you can transfer to a bus to the airport.

You can check the schedules and prices here:

http://www.hyperdia.com/
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

NGO=chubu centrair int'l airport 2009/7/17 18:42
at Nagoya station take Meitetsu line for the airport.
by alex (guest) rate this post as useful

NGO-Kyoto travel x info 2009/7/18 10:52
Thanks to both of you. The link was also very helpful. I was there in early July 08 w/100+temp, during a holyday very busy.Upon arriv had meltdown w/lang @NGO & subway. TG I rented cell phone&they programed in my step-daughter's phone# @ wk. As a Reiki Master I did recognize only a few symbols or kanji. I will go on this trip to help my daughter-in-law not meltdown as she takes a class. I have a great photographic memory so I should be able to retrace my steps. Would it be cheaper and easier to just take a non-reserved bullet train non smoking to Kyoto? Can I pay in advance? Thank you. Step-daughter apt was by Kamimisu Station (sp?) so I am familiar w/the station names. I just got lost inside station w/all it's layers and hard to follow signs.
Many Thanks
by Autumn (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread