Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need help for Itenary 2009/7/17 13:49
I am going to Japan Now 2009 with my gf. I have around 10 days. We are planning to see tokyo, kyoto, osaka, nara himeji and hiroshima. We've been asking some travel agencies for a tour and we found this plan best.It will be great help if you can share your ideas and advices.

Schedule
1Day Arrive in Tokyo
Overnight in Tokyo

2Day Self-sightseeing(We can also give you free guiding in Tokyo)
Overnight in Tokyo hotel

3Day Checkout hotel
Self-sightseeing(We can also give you free guiding in Tokyo)
Overnight bus to Osaka

4Day Arrive in Osaka
Checkin Hotel
Self-sightseeing(We can also give you free guiding in Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe or Nara)
Overnight in Osaka Hotel

5Day Self-sightseeing(We can also give you free guiding in Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe or Nara)
Overnight in Osaka hotel

6Day Checkout hotel
Self-sightseeing(We can also give you free guiding in Osaka, Kyoto or Kobe)
Overnight bus to Hiroshima

7Day Arrive in Hiroshima
Self-sightseeing(We can also give you free guiding in Hiroshima)
Overnight in Hiroshima

8Day Checkout hotel
Bullet Train to Tokyo
Arrive in Tokyo
Checkin Hotel
Overnight Tokyo

9Day Check out Hotel
(SERVICE ENDS)

thanks for your time.
by davidd (guest)  

Kansai trips sound hectic 2009/7/20 03:30
How is this draft itinerary flexible? Have you fixed the hotels?

I suppose you will have too short time of less than 3 days for your trips in Kansai region (Kyoto, Osaka, Nara / Kobe, Himeji) and, what is worse, that will be sandwiched between long-distance overnight bus rides.

If this is the first visit to Japan for two of you, I don't recommend Nara and Himeji for the same day.
As to Nara, if you visit Nara mainly to see the Great Buddha of Todaiji temple and meet holy deer in Nara Park, probably that's doable on the day you arrive in Osaka.
Himeji and Kobe are located on the way to Hiroshima from Osaka / Kyoto.
So, to visit Himeji and/or Kobe then catch an overnight bus at Osaka / Kyoto, you have to go west then come back east.
If your overnight bus leaves late at night, maybe you can tour the both on that day.

Lodging in Osaka may be a good choice when your hotel is close to (your bus terminal in front of) Osaka Station, but....
To tour both Kyoto and Nara, consider lodging in Kyoto instead.
Trains for Nara leave from platforms on the south side of Kyoto Sta.
A Non-Shinkansen gate at Hachijo-East entrance on the southeast corner seems to be the best.
Kyoto Sta. - Nara Sta. is about 45 minutes by Miyakoji Rapid, about 1 hour by slower rapid.
Osaka Sta. - Nara Sta. is about 45 minutes by Yamatoji Rapid, about 1 hour by slower rapid.
Kyoto Sta. - Osaka Sta. is about 30 minutes by Special Rapid, whose trains are available even late at night.

Note: JR companies seldom use "Bullet Train" officially for passengers. They use "Shinkansen" to refer to super-express services.

//

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread