Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need advice on 9-day program ! 2009/7/17 19:17
Please advise transportation for each day from Day 2 to Day 9 and I have to buy JR Railpass or not:
Day 1 (Nov.7) : Stay in Tokyo
Day 2 : Tokyo-Naruko George-Sendai
Day 3 : Sendai-Towada-Oirase-Nyoto Onsen
Day 4 : Nyoto-Nikko
Day 5 : Nikko-Tokyo
Day 6 : Tokyo-Fuji-Outlet nearby-Kawaguchiko
Day 7 : Kawaguchiko-Tokyo-Nagano
Day 8 : Nagano-Matsumoto Castle-Kamikochi-Takayama
Day 9 : Takayama-Nagoya, departure to Bangkok
Question :
- If I want to visit Ryuzu Falls,Toshogu & Lake Chuzenji, can I cover all places in day 4, if so, at what time I must leave from Nyoto ? If it's too rush, then which places to visit in day 4 and day 5 ?
- Reservation at Tsurunoyu Onsen can be booked by internet or must be booked by phone only? What's the difference between each type of accommodation as it is in Japanese?

Tks in advance for your comment !
by naree  

... 2009/7/18 12:18
Note that it is spelled Nyuto Onsen.

Note that day 3 involves a lot of bus and train travel.

Day 8 is very busy, but possible if you like a very fast travel pace.

If I want to visit Ryuzu Falls,Toshogu & Lake Chuzenji, can I cover all places in day 4

If you hurry, it can be done. Note that the autumn leaves will be gone in the higher elevations of Nikko (Ryuzu Falls, Chuzenjiko) by November.

if so, at what time I must leave from Nyoto ?

As early as possible.

If it's too rush, then which places to visit in day 4 and day 5 ?

Then you should split Toshogu and the Okunikko region (Ryuzu Falls, Chuzenjiko) into two days.

Reservation at Tsurunoyu Onsen can be booked by internet or must be booked by phone only?

At least the following website seems to allow reservations online:
http://www.japaneseguesthouses.com/db/akita/tsurunoyuon...

What's the difference between each type of accommodation as it is in Japanese?

First, there are the very old rooms from the Edo Period, which have no electricity. Then, there are slightly newer rooms in the adjacent, newer building. And finally, there is a separate accommodation about 2 kilometers away with modern facilities.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Tks, Uji! 2009/7/19 16:18
Hi ! Uji, tks for your advice. Any comment for my new plan :
Day 1(Oct31): Tokyo
Day 2 : Tokyo-Nikko
Day 3 : Nikko-Naruko George-Sendai
Day 4 : Sendai-Oirase-Hirosaki or Lake Towada-Nyuto Onsen
Day 5 : Nyuto Onsen-Kamikochi-Matsumoto
Day 6 : Matsumoto Castle-Kawaguchiko
Day 7 : Kawaguchiko-Tokyo-Takayama
Day 8 : Takayama-Kyoto
Day 9 : Kyoto-Osaka
Program sounds not too rush?
www.japaneseguesthouses.com/about/cancellation
Could you clarify about cancellation policy stated inside since I find no ''contact us'' in this website.

No charge for notification 5 days prior to reservation date, what does it mean ? If I'm not wrong, normally,notification must be made before check-in date not reservation date.
by naree rate this post as useful

Hi 2009/7/19 16:57
It does seem a bit rushed. You would be spending alot of time travelling between places. Also I would spend more time in Tokyo. Lots to see in Tokyo. If you vist alot of temples and castles, they become boring after a while. Also places like Nikko requires lots of walking so it helps to be fit before your trip. Take taxis instead of buses to save time.
by beata (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/20 10:54
The new plan is even more rushed than before. Too rushed, in my opinion. Especially days 5 and 7-9.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread