Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinagawa to NRT 2009/7/17 22:55
There doesn't seem to be much of a difference in price between the N'EX and a Limousine bus for travelling from Shinagawa to Narita. The only advantage I can think of with the bus is the door-to-door service, but I'm staying in the S.Prince, so not a massive walk from the station anyway. The main disadvantage seems to be that you could get caught in traffic, but my flight is around 11am so I'd probably be getting the 06:55 bus, so traffic is probably not that much of a concern.

So is there any other major differences between them? Is one a more interesting journey than the other? Is one more comfortable than the other? All things being equal, which one do you prefer?
by mgal  

... 2009/7/18 12:22
I think it comes down to personal preference. I generally think that trains are more reliable and more comfortable (more room, less noisy) than buses, but I know that there are people with opposite views.

However, if the bus stops in front of you hotel and you have lots of luggage, the bus comes with an obvious advantage.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/18 13:30
Personal choice obviously. I find the buses provide more a view - if you need that.

On the traffic question, yeah, sure you could get caught, but the bus companies drive that time every day - the KNOW how long it takes even during peak hour.

I usually take the bus, but do do NEX sometimes just to do something different. Both work for me. Slight preference for bus.
by johnhbf rate this post as useful

Bus 2009/7/18 15:27
Is there much of a difference in the route they take? Does the bus just zip straight onto the expressway and you see nothing? Does the train spend most of its time underground? For one last lingering look at Tokyo, is one better than the other?
by mgal rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/19 02:50
We stayed at the Shinagawa Prince and took the NEX upon arrival and then the bus back to Narita. You do get a good discount on the Nex/Suica when you arrive but NOT for the return journey so this may be a consideration. Sounds like you are interested in the view/skyline of Tokyo in which case you should take the bus although Tokyo city traffic can be unpredictable. We've been to Tokyo a few times so the view is unimportant and for us and there was very little difference between the bus and train.
by pcb (guest) rate this post as useful

N'ex 2009/7/19 09:11
N Ex is only underground between Shinagawa and Tokyo: go the train on the way out to the airport to avoid the morning traffic rush: brekky at the Shinagawa prince buffet then walk it off going over the road to the N'ex
by fmj rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/7/19 16:51
Thanks, all. You've not really helped me decide at all :D

I think just to be sure, I'll go for the NEX this time.
by mgal rate this post as useful

Good choice... 2009/7/19 17:01
Good first choice. I guess once you've done it a hundred times you might prefer one or the other. :D
by johnhbf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread