Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I want to move to Japan. It is my dream. 2009/7/21 03:09
My name is Chris and i'm 25. I love japan and everything about it. How do i go about getting a work visa, finding a place to stay, and moving there? I almost died recently so my most important priority is now to fullfill my dream to live in japan. Can anyone help me?
by Chris Van Valkenburg (guest)  

hello 2009/7/21 10:26
It's always nice to meet other people that share the same dream, I made in last month and for the moment I am really happy to live here.
But to help you, we will need more information from you, which country are you from, do you have some kind of university degree or what is you education. Is english your native language, according to your user name I would say it isn't. Do you speak Japanese...
by Ichimaru (guest) rate this post as useful

Moving to Japan 2009/7/21 10:29
Chris,

You have to secure a job offer before you can apply for a working visa in Japan. Details of how to move to Japan to live and work are well documented on this site and in the forum archives, so I suggest you sit down and read through them first, before asking more specific questions here.
Good luck!
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Its my dream too 2009/7/26 17:39
I'm an experienced designer & wish to work in Japan but do not know how to find jobs that suitable to my skills.
by RBBL rate this post as useful

im guessing 2009/7/26 20:18
You are also Dutch, it's almost inevitable with that last name. Have you been to Japan before? If not you should definitely spend some time there and talk with some people before actually making a decision. Personally, I am not so sure whether I could live there. The working culture is just too much for me. Especially as a foreigner you would have to work hard to manage your position there. Apart from this I did also enjoy the Japanese people and many cultural aspects.
by Dutchman (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread