Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

8 day Itinerary needs to be finalized 2009/7/24 05:32
My family and I will be going to Japan this August 7 to 14 and I have made a tentative itinerary. Big problem is I am having trouble with the places in the itinerary. I would like to max out our trip by clustering the activities in the same area or city so as to save time on travel.

Can anyone please give their suggestions? Thank you very much.

here it is.
August 07, 2009 ( Friday) TOKYO
07:30 AM Depart Cebu To Narita
01:30 PM Arrive Narita
* Change JR Rail pass @Airport (Downstairs on the way to the train platfroms) Ask about free Suica for N'ex

- Ginza Tokyo Imperial Palace
* Take Sky Bus Tokyo (last trip at 6PM) *03-3215-0008
-first floor of Mitsubishi Building, across from the Marunouchi South Entrance of Tokyo Station
- Imperial Palace / Ginza / Marunouchi Course

check out / Shinjuk Area/ harajuku (takeshita dori)

August 08, 2009 ( Saturday) TOKYO
04:00 AM Wake Up
04:30 AM Cab Ride to Tsujiki Fish Market
- Breakfasta t Tsujuki
09:00 AM Hamarikyu Gardens

Nakamise Dori from Asakusa Subway stop (Adjacent shopping St. C Jap Stuff
- Sensoji Temple
or Sanrio PuroLand 10:00am to 6:00pm
- 1-3 Ochai Tam-a City Tokyo (take Keio Line)

7:00 PM Tokyo Bay Fireworks Display * Location : Harumi Park
@ Harumi Undojo Chuo-ku Tokyo
Access by Subway Kachi Doki or Tsukishima Stations

August 09, 2009 ( Sunday) TOKYO TO OSAKA
8:00 AM Check out from hotel
- Take Shinkansen (HIKARI-2nd class) "TOKAIDO/SANYO/ SHINKANSEN LINE" Approx 2 hours

Arrive @ Osaka
Check in at Hotel SWISSOTEL NANKAI

Option A - Osaka Castle ( 9:00 Am to 5:00 PM)
Tram ride (www.road-train.info)

Option B - Osaka Aquarium (9:30 AM to 8:00PM)

07:00PM Shinsaibashi (Shopping belt/ stores)
Dinner at DOTONBURI St.
- Kinryu Ramen (24 hours) or Kani Doraku (crab) pic w/ crab sign

August 10, 2009 ( Monday) OSAKA
8:00 AM Wake up call/ Eat Breakfast
10:00AM Universal Studios Japan

SPAWORLD

August 11, 2009 ( Tuesday) OSAKA TO KYOTO

8:00AM Wake Up
9:00AM Take Shinkansen to Kyoto "TOKAIDO/SANYO/ SHINKANSEN LINE" Approx 15 mins
* buy one-day bus pass
Check in/ leave things at HOTEL GRANVIA STATION (KYOTO STATION)

August 12 adn 13 are for Disneyland and DisneySea.

We are 4 adults. I would really love to see the Tkoyo Bay fireworks, any suggestions on where this is best viewed? Any tips? =)

by tsengtseng  

8 days itinerary 2009/7/24 12:41
tsengtseng:

8/8/09 After Hamarikyu Gardens, I would ride the Sumida River Ferry up to Asakusa Pier next to Sumida Park http://www.suijobus.co.jp/ , 1-1/2 blocks away is Nakamise & Kannon Temple. Suijobus's website is not English User Friendly and appears to have some glithches but click on the top Charges & Timetable. Then on the lower left, click on Hinode Pier and Hamarikyu Gardens for ferry routes, fares and timetable. Also, up the street from Hamarikyu Gardens is Zojoji Temple and Tokyo Tower.
by Harold (guest) rate this post as useful

river cruise 2009/7/25 02:05
Is the river cruise worth it? I've read some reviews that they were disappointed with the river cruise. I am very much open to suggestions regarding my itinerary.
by tsengtseng rate this post as useful

Sumida River Cruise 2009/7/25 16:31
I know its worth it. My wife and I have been on this cruise about 4 times and each time with different friends who alse enjoyed it. Of course, if cherry blossoms are in full bloom along the river banks during April, it would be many times more enjoyable. Such is not the case in August.

But, the river cruise beats going to Nakamise via the subway or by taxi any day. Plus, it's another transportation option with a different view. Some were disappointed? It depends on their expectation. It's good to read negative reviews but better to read positive reviews provided they represent a higher percentage.

Well, its something for you to think about and decide. Still, my vote is for the river cruise.
by Harold (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/25 17:57
- Your itinerary suggests that you are interested more in entertainment and theme park kinds of attractions - if you are interested in seeing traditional Japan at all, you could spend more time in Kyoto :) you are going to Disney on Aug. 12 and 13, so I assume you are going back to Tokyo late on 11th or early on 12th, which barely leaves any time for Kyoto at all.

- Also, if you are interested in traditional Japan, I would suggest going to Himeji castle instead of Osaka Castle. The one in Himeji is real wooden construction.

- For the fireworks display, be prepared to get to the area far in advance - there will be major crowds. The Harumi main venue is for ticket holders only, and there are only so many people allowed into other desginated viewing areas near Tsukishima or Kachidoki stations.
by AK rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/26 18:08
Had anyone seen the tokyo bay fireworks before? Is it worth it? Or do you suggest other places to go?

by tsengtseng rate this post as useful

reply to this thread