Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt Fuji + Gotemba 2009/7/24 11:30
Hi, my friends & I would like to visit both Mt Fuji & Gotemba over 2 days, spending 1 night at a hotel in Gotemba.

Here's our plan:

Day 1 - Take a bus from Tokyo to go to Mt Fuji 5th station. Then take a bus from Mt Fuji to Gotemba, check into a hotel there. Visit the places of interest (e.g onsen). Spend the night at the hotel

Day 2 - Check out of the hotel. Go to Gotemba Premium Outlet. Then take bus from Gotemba back to Tokyo

Is the above plan feasible & advisable?

Also,
1) what is the bus service that goes from Mt Fuji to Gotemba?

2) Any recommendation for a good & inexpensive hotel in Gotemba (which we can access to Gotemb Premium Outlet easily)?
by aire810  

... 2009/7/24 13:01
Is the above plan feasible & advisable?

It looks feasible, but I would rather spend the night in the Fuji Five Lake area than in Gotemba. There is more to see and more and better hotels to chose from.

what is the bus service that goes from Mt Fuji to Gotemba?

There is a bus from Kawaguchiko Station to Gotemba Station via Fujiyoshida. There are buses roughly every hour.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Gotemba hotel 2009/7/24 17:47
Hi Uji-san,

That means after we leave the Mt Fuji 5th station, we can take a bus from Kawaguchiko to go to Gotemba? How we do get to Kawaguchiko from Mt Fuji?

We decided to spend a night in Gotemba instead of Kawaguchiko, as we want easier access to Gotemba Premium Outlet the following day.

Are there any good/inexpensive hotels you can recommend in Gotemba?
by aire810 rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/24 18:02
There are four 5th Stations on Mount Fuji. So far I assumed that you want to go to Kawaguchiko 5th Station. From Kawaguchiko 5th Station, take a bus to Kawaguchiko Station, from where you can take the bus to Gotemba.

However, if you go to a different 5th Station, the transportation situation will be different. For example, Gotemba 5th Station is reached by direct bus from Gotemba Station, but the bus does not operate outside of the official climbing season. The transportation situation is explained towards the bottom of the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6901.html

Are there any good/inexpensive hotels you can recommend in Gotemba?

No, I am not familiar with the hotel situation in Gotemba. I suspect that it is mostly business hotels around the station, but I am not sure. Tourists do not usually stay there.

... 2009/7/24 19:20
Dear Uji-san,

We are going to take a bus from Shinjuku to Mt Fuji 5th station. I am not sure if it is the Kawaguchiko 5th Station?

If it is Kawaguchiko 5th station, how to get to the Gotemba JR station? Our hotel will have free shuttle bus to pick us up from Gotemba JR station
by aire810 rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/25 06:36
We are going to take a bus from Shinjuku to Mt Fuji 5th station. I am not sure if it is the Kawaguchiko 5th Station?

Yes, that is Kawaguchiko 5th Station.

If it is Kawaguchiko 5th station, how to get to the Gotemba JR station?

By bus via Kawaguchiko Station. The trip takes about 2 hours with a good transfer.

reply to this thread