Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 Day in Hakone with Onsen - Too Tight? 2009/7/24 16:45
I plan to visit Hakone, using Hakone Free Pass. Since it's only 1 day trip, I'm not sure if time allows me to go onsen in the evening, I mean after I took a cruise in Lake Ashi and all that the Free Pass provided? I'd like to go for Yunessun onsen as it's affordable for me(1800yen per visit). To get to Yunessun, I have to take Tozan Bus. Does this included in Hakone Free Pass?

Thank you very much.
by Ampica (guest)  

... 2009/7/24 18:04
In summer, Yunessun is open until 7pm. It is possible that you have enough time at the end of the day to go there. It depends on your itinerary and pace of travel.

To get to Yunessun, I have to take Tozan Bus. Does this included in Hakone Free Pass?

Yes, Tozan Bus is covered by the Hakone Free Pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you 2009/7/24 18:14
Thanks a lot Uji
by ampica (guest) rate this post as useful

Too tight 2009/7/30 15:17
You did not mention where you are starting from!I took an overnight trip from Shinjiku Stn and stayed one night in Hakone in order to see about 70% of the course. I save some time by visiting the onsen in my inn.
by Raymond (guest) rate this post as useful

Hakone and onsen 2009/8/2 01:33
Ampica,
Three weeks ago,with a first time visitor to Japan with one free day only for Hakone and onsen( business trip).we did: Coming from Tokyo arrival Odawara 08.30 h, buy Hakone Free Pass, HakoneYumoto-Gora-Sounzan - Owakudani ( 1 hour ) Togendai - ship - HakoneMachi walk to MotoHakone bus toTenzan onsen ( Yen 1100 ) at Oku-Yumoto Iriguchi Bus stop ( ask busdriver at MotoHakone to have the right bus, other busline goes via Yunnesun ), stayed at onsen, bus continues to Hakone Yumoto, by train to Odawara, back Tokyo evening.
But as mentioned Tenzan is Japanese style bath and rotenburo ( so no swimwear ) while Yunnesun is western style with swimwear. ( Mori no Yu within Yunnesun is Japanese style )
by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you 2009/8/2 20:15
Thanks everyone. I'm now realized it would be a bit tight. I've never been in Japan before, and I've bad sense of direction. I have to spare some time in case I get lost. I'm thinking of staying overnight in Hakone, but the price of accomodation there's rather high. I'll see if I could find a cheapest one. Thanks again.
by Ampica (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread