Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trying to start an itenerary... 2009/7/25 11:24
We'll be travelling about 13 days the end of November and first week of December with our 1 year old daughter. We've cut soo much out of what we want to see to make travel easier, and was just wondering if this was a reasonable start to an itenerary. Also, I'd like to fit in a stop in Matsumoto and Inuyama...but I'm not sure where to put it...should these have their own days or can they be seen en route?

days1-4 tokyo
day 5-Yudanaka
day 6- takayama
day7-9 kyoto
day 10 nara
days 11-13 back to tokyo, w daytrips to hakone and nikko with a tour group

Id love any suggestions on order, travel times and routes, etc. Im so confused and the hubby just wants to fly by his pant seat, lol
by amanda (guest)  

... 2009/7/26 15:29
Yudanaka and Takayama in just two days is rushed. Don't underestimate the time to travel between the locations. Especially if you want to see Matsumoto and Inuyama along the way, you should add one day at least:

day 1: Tokyo to Yudanaka
day 2: Yudanaka via Matsumoto to Takayama
day 3: Takayama via Inuyama and Nagoya to Kyoto

The above 3-day plan is still rushed. If you like to travel at a slow pace, I recommend to add an additional day for Takayama:

day 1: Tokyo to Yudanaka
day 2: Yudanaka via Matsumoto to Takayama
day 3: Takayama
day 4: Takayama via Inuyama and Nagoya to Kyoto

Make sure to use the direct bus between Matsumoto and Takayama, rather than going by train.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks 2009/7/26 16:57
thanks....I think I will cut a day off Kyoto and do the extra night in takayama.

by amanda (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread