Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone to Takayama - JR Pass? 2009/7/25 20:51
Hi

I am in the process of working out the best way to utilise my JR Pass and travelling from Hakone to Takayama.

For a part of my trip: I will stay in Hakone for 1 night and then Takayama for the next 2 nights.

I am looking to purchase the Hakone Free Pass and the JR Pass - am I correct in that I should activitate my JR Pass for my trip from Hakone to Takayama?? Does this work in the area??

As I looked on Hypedia and from Hakone to Takayama is costs approx Y14500 which is heaps! If I can use the JR Pass instead then this would be perfect!

Please let me know if this is okay.

THANKS!
by cheesammii  

... 2009/7/26 16:01
am I correct in that I should activitate my JR Pass for my trip from Hakone to Takayama?

It depends on the rest of your itinerary. The trip from Hakone to Takayama alone will not justify the purchase of a rail pass.

Does this work in the area??

Yes, the Japan Rail Pass can be used on trains from Odawara Station (just outside the Hakone area) via Nagoya to Takayama (except nozomi trains).
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread