Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nanba Osaka in the weekends 2009/7/26 01:51
Hi, I am going to Osaka during a weekend. However it seems it's everybody's weekend off, because I can hardly find a hotel anywhere in Kobe, Osaka, nowhere.

I am wondering how about Nanba (or Namba don't know how to say it). I can find a hotel around this area, but I wonder if it's nice for a weekend. Where I live downtown area with all the small streets is full of people during weekdays and can hardly walk in their streets, but really empty during weekends. I guess is the same in Osaka and only weird people (including me) will want to be there!

Any help regarding this area would be very much appreciated!

Btw, dates are 19 September for about 2/3/4 days depends if it's a good place to stay and visit around. I also want to visit Fukuoka and but don't want to stay over, so I want to be able to get to the Shinkansen easy enough, this is why I wanted to stay on Kobe, but it's kind of hard since all hotels are booked...
I also wonder how would be the trip from Tokyo to Osaka on Saturday morning if everybody is rushing out the city :-/

Cheers!
by Hana22  

... 2009/7/26 16:13
September 19-23 is a 5-day weekend and one of the busiest holiday seasons of the year. In popular tourist resorts it might be difficult to find vacant rooms, but for Osaka I can find over 70 hotels with vacancies for September 19 on the following online reservation service alone:
http://travel.rakuten.co.jp/en/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Area 2009/7/27 01:23
Yes, that's where I found this hotel, however what I want to know the most is about the area.

What's Nanba really like and if is not empty during the weekends.

by Hana22 rate this post as useful

. 2009/7/27 03:38
Namba is a great place to be on the weekend. There are many clubs in that area and you're close to Shinsaibashi where there are more clubs.

Also, there are many restaurants in the area with many different types of food. There will be many people there any time of the weekend.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread