Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transportation in Sounkyo 2009/7/27 19:04
I will be going to Sounkyo from Asahikawa. Can I use the Hokkaido 4-day pass for both the train and the bus from Kamikawa? I intend to go to Furano in the afternoon. Is that possible?
by budget traveller  

... 2009/7/27 19:44
Can I use the Hokkaido 4-day pass for both the train and the bus from Kamikawa?

No, it is not valid on the bus. Only on the train.

I intend to go to Furano in the afternoon. Is that possible?

It takes about 3 hours one way to travel from Sounkyo to Furano by bus and train.
by Uji rate this post as useful

lll 2009/7/28 11:13
Do you intend to visit Sounkyo in the morning then Furano in the afternoon? If so, that will be a bit rush.
Do you plan to spend the night in Sounkyo? Because there are a few scenic spots that worth visiting in my opinion.
On my last trip to Sounkyo, I booked a hotel which offered free shuttle bus service from Asahikawa to the Sounkyo hotel (back and forth). Although the ride took 1.5 hour each, but the area was quite nice with autumn leave covering certain area of the mountain side.
by lester (guest) rate this post as useful

how about driving? 2009/7/28 18:55
I will be staying at Toyoku Inn in Asahikawa. So, how about driving to Sounkyo, then take the cable car. How long is the drive from Asahikawa JR station to Sounkyo where the cable car is? And how long is the drive from Sounkyo cable car station to Farm Tomita?
by budget traveller rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/28 19:35
How long is the drive from Asahikawa JR station to Sounkyo where the cable car is?

I estimate about 60-90 minutes.

And how long is the drive from Sounkyo cable car station to Farm Tomita?

I estimate about 120-150 minutes.

more question 2009/7/28 19:55
Thank Uji! You're very helpful indeed. So perhaps I can leave Asahikawa say 8am, get to the cable car station by 10am and then leave the cable car station by say 2pm to go to Farm Tomita. Do you think this is ok?

... 2009/7/28 22:02
Do you think this is ok?

It is possible. Whether a 4 hour car drive is worth a 2 hour stay in Sounkyo is a different question, whose answer varies from person to person.

.. 2009/7/29 10:26
very good question! wish i can have one more day!

reply to this thread