Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sumida Cruise to Asakusa 2009/7/30 19:04
Hi

Is Hamarikyu a better spot to go on the cruise, as compare to Hinode Pier, if I am going from Tsujiki Fish Market? If yes, how can I walk from Tsujiki outer market to Hamarikyu?

Thank you!
by Apple76  

... 2009/7/31 07:38
Yes, Hamarikyu is much closer to Tsukiji than Hinode Pier. Public maps and folded tourist maps, available from tourist information desks, will make it easy to find your way. It should not take more than 5-10 minutes to walk from the entrance gate of Hamarikyu to Tsukiji.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2009/8/2 00:52
Hi Uji

Do you know if the cruise ship from Hamarikyu to Asakusa? I look at the site and it seems like from Hinode it will go straight to Asakusa, and only from Asakusa then it will stop at Hamarikyu?

Thank you.
by Apple76 rate this post as useful

Sumida gawa 2009/8/2 00:58
You must access the pier from inside the garden, so you need entrance and fee to the garden first.
by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/8/2 01:00
Hi Peter

Can you elaborate what you saying? Meanwhile I go find out what garden....I didn't know Hamarikyu is a garden...

Thank you.

Hamarikyu 2009/8/2 01:06
Hamarikyu was once an imperial garden, but now open to the public. It is in landscape style. What people normally do is coming from Asakusa by ship, entering the garden ( and paying I think Yen 300 ) from the waterside and after visiting the garden leaving by the gate near Shidome or Shimbashi station or again by to the waterside peir for continuation to Hinode. And you are right the ship goes only Asakusa - Hamariky - Hinode - Asakusa.

. 2009/8/2 01:09
Hi Peter

Thanks heaps! Guess we will just have to scrape the idea of Sumida cruise since our direction is towards Asakusa and not the other way round.

Hamarikyu 2009/8/2 01:11
Better info in this japan-guide under:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3025.html

reply to this thread