Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Asahikawa 2009/7/31 05:40
We will be in Sapporo from the 9th February 2010 & were thinking of also visiting Asahikawa is a short visit worth considering considering we only have 2 nights there?
by Kevo53  

lll 2009/7/31 09:39
Not very much to see in my opionion. Last time I used there free bicycle service at the information to visit the snow museum and it was not very much to look at too. May go to Otaru instead if you don't have much time.
by lester (guest) rate this post as useful

Asahikawa 2009/8/1 03:23
Hello Kevo53,

Are you saying that you have only 2 nights there meaning Sapporo and Asahikawa?

If this is your first visit to the Sapporo area and you have only 2 nights, I would say stay in Sapporo as 1 night is not enough. I'm sure you'll find lots to see and do in Sapporo including a possible Otaru visit as Lester said. We visited Asahikawa once but there's nothing to see or do. It was a good thing that we stayed only one night and it was a stopover during our tour of Hokkaido.
by Harold (guest) rate this post as useful

2 days in Sapporo 2009/8/1 08:26
Hi Kevo53,
I would agree with both Harold and Lester, just stay in Sapporo and visit Otaru ( 30 minutes by train) if you have time.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Hokkaido 2009/8/1 08:43
Slight correction we will be in Hokkaido for 4 nights in total.
by Kevo53 rate this post as useful

... 2009/8/1 11:27
Asahikawa's main attraction is its zoo, the best of Japan. If you are into zoos, a side trip might be worthwhile. Otherwise, Asahikawa does not have much to see.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread