Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sabae Fukui Prefecture 2009/8/1 06:19
Hi,

I arrive at NRT @ 4pm. Would I be able to get to Sabae Fukui from Tokyo station arriving so late. Would I miss the last train somewhere on my route. I believe it is about 4 train transfers. Or would it be better stay in Tokyo which is not a option I would like to take. Mind you I will arriving on Aug 13th, during Obon week. I only have a limited time in Japan so losing a day would really kill me.

Thanks
by frequentFlyer (guest)  

... 2009/8/1 11:05
Your last train connection of the day is as follows:
18:48 depart Narita Airport by Narita Express
20:01 arrive at Shinagawa Station
20:17 depart Shinagawa by Nozomi train along the Tokaido Shinkansen
21:51 arrive Nagoya Station
22:11 depart Nagoya Station by Hikari train along the Tokaido Shinkansen
22:38 arrive at Maibara
22:48 depart Maibara by Shirasagi limited express
23:41 arrive Sabae.

With a 4pm arrival, you should have no problems catching this last connection of the day.

Alternatively, there is a 19:30 flight from Narita Airport to Komatsu Airport, from where Sabae can be reached in about 60-90 minutes by bus and train.
by Uji rate this post as useful

any routes without nozomi 2009/8/1 14:30
Hey, thank you so much for your help. But is there a route without using the nozomi train as I will only have a Japan Rail Pass.

by frequentFlyer (guest) rate this post as useful

...in minami horie 2009/8/1 14:47
That's no problem, either. Instead of taking the 20:17 Nozomi from Shinagawa, take the 20:10 Hikari. It will get you all the way to Maibara, where you can catch the 22:48 Shirasagi.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread