Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hamamatsucho station to Shinjuku 2009/8/1 16:15
Hi all,

Can someone explain the easiest way to get from Hamamatsucho Station (from Prince Park Tower Hotel) to Shinjuku station. (To catch the bus to Mt Fuji)

Also, its been suggested to see Mt Fuji and also walk around some main lake in Kawaguchiko - wondering what the best destination, Kawaguchiko or the 5th station?
by meandher  

By Subway Oedo line 2009/8/1 18:51
Take a direct subway Oedo line from Akabanebashi station(E21) to Shinjuku station(E27) 210yen.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocod...
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/8/1 19:04
With regard to your first question, direct via JR Yamanote line (Outer loop/clockwise) from JR Hamamatsucho station to JR Shinjuku station, about 25 minutes and 190 Yen.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

easy 2009/8/1 19:04
Well hamamatsucho is on the JR Yamanote line, so it's a straight shot round to shinjuku. Then you want the west exit out of shinjuku station for the bus terminal.
by pete (guest) rate this post as useful

Great 2009/8/1 19:22
Wow! Something about my holiday is going to be easy? I don't believe it!
Thanks very much.
by meandher rate this post as useful

Door to door 2009/8/1 19:42
Meandher,

If you want to go from Hamamatsucho station, then the Yamanote Line would be the easiest way, as described above. However, if you are staying at the Prince Park Tower Hotel, you are right next to Akabanebashi station on the Oedo subway line, which will take you directly to Shinjuku station in much shorter time.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/8/1 21:03
Thanks for that too. I was under the impression it was closer to Hamamatsucho because the hotels web site mentions how to get there - and it says to Hamamatsucho and then shuttle bus. Odd.

JR preferable to Toei 2009/8/1 21:27
To make a transfer to a highway bus, Yamanote Line's outer loop is better. The train will arrive at Track 15 on the platform closest to the West Ticket Gate.
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/img/map_e/e866.pdf
In Shinjuku Sta. of Toei subway, a platform of Toei Oedo Line is on the 7th basement. Even after changing elevators at the 4th basement and reaching the ground, a passenger still has a long way to the highway bus terminal.

//

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Forgot to ask 2009/8/1 21:57
Forgot to ask, since it will be a weekday, whats the best time to catch the train (ie, when does peak start slowing down?).

Hamamatsucho to Shinjuku 2009/8/2 02:18
Shuttle bus to Hamamatsucho station. Platform # 3 takes you to Shinjuku Station. Try and use Rail pass. Journey takes 30 min.

Best time would be before 8 am or after 10 am I guess. But, avoid going to the station, 15 minutes before 9 am. the staircase is very congested.

by travbug rate this post as useful

reply to this thread