Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

my Japan trip (10/12 - 24/12) 2009/8/2 00:23
due to air ticket promotion, i booked it without proper consideration :) i am from Malaysia and I will reach Kansai Airport on 10/12 8am....
any Autumn foliage @ kyoto/ osaka area????? i notice the season is in Nov :( wanna cry

btw,i also wish to see snow, i want to see Shirakawa's snow scene...
by l1an  

... 2009/8/2 09:05
It is definitely too early to see snow in Shirakawa. It is also too early to see autumn colors in the low elevations around Kyoto. But if you head into the higher elevations of the Japan Alps or into northern Japan, you can see the autumn colors:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2014.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2009/8/3 07:42
Uji,

I am a bit confuse with your reply. Base on a lot of reports (including on this website), I understand that Kyoto's autumn foliage specifically in Kyoto is between late Nov to Dec. If anything, isn't l1an late for the koyo?

I too planned my trip around fall foliage so I'll be terribly dissappointed if I got the dates wrong :(

l1an, I too am Malaysian and heading out to Japan at the end of Nov for 2 weeks. Can't wait. I'm going to Shirakawago too. There's lots of useful info on this website (the best Japan website as far as I am concern!). Also check out this blog, this guy is amazing:
http://paulstravelpics.blogspot.com/2008/03/japan-15-da...
by anastasia7 rate this post as useful

... 2009/8/3 07:47
Sorry, I read your dates wrongly. I thought you are referring to October rather than December.

Indeed, by December 10, the peak of the autumn color season is over, although, if it is a late year, you will probably still see some scattered autumn colors here and there.

As for snow in Shirakawa, the average height is around 20-40 cm, but depending on the year, there could also already be more than a meter or none.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread