Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

getting married to US military 2009/8/3 01:30
Im from the Philippines & my bf is frm the US military currently stationed in Okinawa. We plan on getting married next year. Which is the best thing to do, get married in the PI & have him sponsor me or go to japan on a tourist visa and get married there?
by Marie (guest)  

Military 2009/8/3 23:26
He needs to ask his commanding officer and/or other support services on his base about what it the best and proper procedure to follow. Given that he is a member of the US military, he must follow military procedures and rules.
If he is serious about getting married, he should have already talked to someone on base about this.
by cf (guest) rate this post as useful

Marrying the military 2009/8/23 16:36
Congratulations! I agree with what CF said. This is one area you should leave in the hands of your fiancé. Marrying foreigners while stationed overseas is quite common for military so any questions the two of you may have can be answered by him talking to someone from his command. Be prepared for a lot of red tape and paperwork, but I hope you get an answer soon so you can plan your wedding. As a military wife in Okinawa, I welcome you to the U.S. military family. All the best!
by Kelly (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread