Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese visa 2009/8/4 23:00
Hi, I know it is probalby a long shot to get a answer on this here, but I thought I'd try it anyway.

My question is: Does anyone know of Japanese travel agencies that provide documentation service to foreigners with their VISA application?

Apparently, this step is necessary for travellers from Russian and other NIS states. http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/procedure-r.pdf

Initially I thought it would be enough for me (EU national) to provide financial gurantee (we are travelling together) but upon my friend's enquiry with his local Japanese embassy, it turns out the only accepted financial gurantee has to come from a travel agency in Japan.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

by sleipner27 (guest)  

As far as I could find out... 2009/8/5 12:07
I have read through the document you referred to, and I have read the Japanese version of it as well. I still don't understand how this "travel agency guarantee" is supposed to work at all!

Can your Russian friend ask a travel agency in Russia that provides a "sightseeing tour package" to Japan about it? Possibly they might have some idea. I mean, if they arrange for tour packages to Japan, they will have to be familiar with the visa procedures.

Actually the process for Russians and NIS nationals applying for visa to visit Japan seems to have been getting more complicated and cumbersome. On the internet, there are numerous Q & A about Japanese people who want to invite their Russian acquaintance to travel to Japan, but are having difficulties understanding and then going through with the procedures. It looks like the procedures for Japanese nationals trying to visit Russia is quite cumbersome too :(
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread