Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Finding a teaching job : On Spouse Visa. 2009/8/7 09:22
I am moving near Tokyo at the end of the year with my wife who is Japanese. I will be trying to find a teaching job but I don't have a Bachelors degree yet. I was wondering if I will have trouble finding a teaching job even though I'm on a spouse visa? Or will it make it easier for me since they won't have to sponsor a visa?
by jonkun702  

Teaching 2009/8/7 12:36
Personally, I would say the chances are not crash hot. Certainly very possible though.
Bachelors degree would certainly help a lot in your situation especially if you are looking at a permanent move and need to think about career.
I think it would be best if you were prepared just in case you have difficulty trying to find work for a while.

I believe there was another forum regular here who was in a similar situation and has been unable to find work, maybe he could comment.

Legally being able to work is a step forward, but not a guarantee unfortunately. There are jobs, getting them is the trick :) Have you got teaching experience?
by Kevin (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/8/7 12:42
Since the employer-to-be does not have to sponsor you for a visa, and the bachelor's degree is an Immigration requirement, if you are a native speaker of English and present yourself well at a job interview (as long as the school likes you), you have chances of finding a job teaching English, at least entry level teaching job (if you have no teaching experience, that is).

However, considering the current economy, I would not be too optimistic about finding one immediately either. Also, as the above poster said, for longer term career, a degree would definitely be a plus. Good luck in everything.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread