Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

International or Japanese School? 2009/8/17 00:14
I'm an expat married to a Japanese lady and we have two 2 years old sons.We want to enroll them in a kindergarten but can't decide whether to choose an International or a Japanese one. We want them to be fluent at both English and Japanese.
Because of my job, we'll be moving from Singapore to Japan (Tokyo) in September for 5 years. After that my assignment in Japan could be extended or I could be sent to China or South Korea.Also in the long run we want to settle down in Japan.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.Peace
by Redleh  

. 2009/8/17 16:48
Japanese kindergarten (youchien) only allow children who are 3 yrs old or older. Nursery schools (hoikuen) will accept younger children, but only those who have no one to care for during the day.

Kindergarten applications typically start in October. Why not study your environment and ask around after you start living in Japan in September?
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread