Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

becoming a comedian/talent agencies 2009/8/17 15:03
My friend and I want to try and become a comedy duo in Japan. Most ppl say we are pretty funny and we want to at least register with a respectable talent agency. Does anyone know of the best agencies and how we would go about doing this without getting ripped off?
Thank u.
by funnygirl (guest)  

It's got potential.. 2009/8/17 19:48
Interesting idea. I've been thinking myself about becoming a comedian in Mongolia. It's a long-held dream. Does anyone know what my chances might be?
by Attila (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/8/17 22:07
I was a professional comedian in Japan. You have to be known first before a agency will approach you or you can approach them. Do free shows first and have friends tape and photograph you. Then start promoting yourself by finding ways to be on TV or in print. This is how hey heard of me and approached me. It is very difficult to get into show business in Japan because so many want to and they all think they are funnier. You need a gimmick to stand out like I did.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

.... 2009/8/19 00:17
is there a chance for a foreigner to be a known singer or performer in japan?
by recca hanabishi (guest) rate this post as useful

Of course 2009/8/19 10:36
Of course there's a chance! That being said, it's a minuscule chance and probably not worth attempting but whatever floats your boat.
by Bean (guest) rate this post as useful

comedian 2009/8/19 12:46
You didn't say but I assume that you speak fluent Japanese??
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Struggling 2009/8/19 14:33
I'm struggling with this one.

Far be it for anyone to rain on someone's dreams, but surely you have wonder how realistic this is.

Think how tough it is to be a halfway decent comedian(ne) in your own country and culture. How much more uphill can it then get to go for this in a foreign culture (bearing in mind that humor is the hardest thing to translate!)?

So, I wish you the best of luck, but...

by Dickie (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread