Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

is it there a talent search in japan? 2009/8/17 19:49
is it there a talent search in japan?
by recca hanabishi (guest)  

... 2009/8/18 08:41
Talent as in タレント? If not, talent in what? Singing? Painting? Banking?
by Uji rate this post as useful

talent search. 2009/8/18 23:56
talent search. since it is a recruitent of someone who has the talent in singing, dancing, acting or any kind of talent that is usefull for entertainment. my question is there a talent search in japan where ordinary people can have a chance to be in the entertainment industry?
by recca hanabishi (guest) rate this post as useful

yes 2009/8/19 17:12
yes there are talent competitions, such as Kasou Taishou, and many prefectures and cities have local karaoke talent competitions for example. But these are not like programs such as American Idol which lead to careers. Are you looking to participate in one, or do you just like to watch?

If you're looking at careers however, there are lots of talent searchers, headhunters, looking for business professionals. But stay away from the talent scouts around Shibuya and Kabukicho, as that's probably not the "entertainment industry" you're interested in.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

yup 2009/8/20 00:57
depending on what you're looking for, there are talent auditions. They're not like American Idol though. For acting, singing, modeling, etc, avex has auditions. so does amuse, sony music, and arcs box to name a few.

Hope this helps and good luck!
by Kira (guest) rate this post as useful

thank you very much 2009/8/24 20:58
i am planning to participate in such talent competition for a career.i am planning to establish a band there in japan.so thank you very much for your answers.

talent 2009/8/25 09:03
Good luck! Where are you from? Do you speak/perform in Japanese?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

talent 2009/8/25 20:34
im from the Philippines and i can sing in both japanese and my native languages(i speak two dialects). you know what i kinda like japanese music because for me it sounds mysterious and theres a certain feeling that i cant artulate whenever i hear japanese music especially J-pop.

.... 2009/8/25 20:35
theres a certain feeling that i cant articulate whenever i hear japanese music especially J-pop.

reply to this thread