Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

moving to japan 2009/8/21 02:49
Hello I have been thinking about moving to Japan. I don't speak Japanese, I don't know any one in Japan, and I don't know if i could get work there. Any advice would be nice thank you.
by jer99156  

more info 2009/8/21 10:26
What country are you from. What is your educational level, i.e. do you have a bachelor's degree or the equivalent. Do you have many year's work experience in a specific field? These questions will determine if you qualify for a long term visa.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

more info 2009/8/21 11:29
u.s.a.
i have an automotive degree, 2 years working on car. 4 year installing gym floor for schools. (basketball). 4 years in a restaurant. some construction.
by jer99156 rate this post as useful

working in Japan 2009/8/21 17:18
What exactly is your automotive degree? was it a 4-year degree that gave you a diploma with the words "Bachelor of..." on it?

If not then I am afraid that you don't qualify for a working visa. There is unlikely to be any demand in your field for non-Japanese staff who don't speak good Japanese.

Incidentally, if you search on this site or elsewhere on the internet you will find large amounts of information on all of your questions, without having to wait for people to answer your questions.

Just search for "working in Japan" and you will find loads of info.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Other posts 2009/8/21 23:28
See all the other posts on this exact same topic.

In short, you do not qualify for a working visa nor do you have the skills needed for a Japanese company to consider hiring you vs. a native Japanese person.

Get a 4 year degree, get 5-10 years experience, learn to speak Japanese, and then you can an think about again.
by cf (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread