Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Attaning perminant residence in Japan? 2009/8/24 12:54
I've read on Japan's immigration bureau website that all persons wanting to attain permanent residence in Japan must have made significant contributions to Japanese society, however this statement is so broad, I've been having a hard time figuring out what this means.

I'd like to consider a future in Japan, right after I finish my engineering degree in 2 or 3 years. Would working as an employee at a major company qualify for ''significant social contribution?'' Is it difficult to attain permanent residency, or is it something I shouldn't be worrying about?
by Buraian desu  

Contributuons to Japanese Society 2009/8/24 16:59
''Contributions'' entail paying taxes, committing no crime, integrating oneself into a local community, and so on. You probably should at least be able to tell that you have made an effort to learn Japanese and show the result of it. On the top of that, unless you are married to a Japanese national, you normally need to have lived in Japan for ten years before applying for a PR status. So it is too early to think about this matter if you are not in Japan yet.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread