Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spouse Visa to College Student Visa? 2009/8/25 10:55
Hi. I have a Spouse of Japanese National Visa. I recently got a Japan government scholarship. The weird thing is that they are asking me to change my visa from spouse visa to college student visa. I do not understand the logic here since with a spouse visa I am allowed to study in Japan.
Does anyone have a similar situation?
by crew (guest)  

Rules are rules 2009/8/25 11:57
According to the MEXT rules only the person with student visa status is eligible for scholarship allowance. You can easily change your student visa then back to spouse. I do not foresee any troubles. Why don`t you do it?
by Mila (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/8/25 12:00
Thank you for the answer. That makes it clearer for me. Guess I have no choice. The hesitation comes from the fact that I have more freedom to do stuff with a spouse visa (aka work etc). But getting the funding is certainly more important.
by crew (guest) rate this post as useful

.. 2009/8/25 21:49
you can work with student visa too as long as you get work permit first. university students can work max 28 hours a week if i remember correctly...
also, there are restrictions about what kind of work you can do.
by dar (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/8/25 22:44
Assuming you're getting a scholarship you wouldn't have to work as much as the government is funding you a bit for studies, and you can get student work permission, so I guess it is a trade off.

by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread