Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Entering Japan 2009/8/27 14:55
Hey

I am entering Japan on a student visa...when I applied for it I had to show the university that I had enough money to support myself...will I have to show it again to the customs officer when I arrive in Japan or should it be ok?
by Emma (guest)  

. 2009/8/27 19:11
You mean Immigration Officer? Generally no, once you have the visa issued by the embassy/consulate and in your passport, then they usually won't ask to see that information at the airport.

Customs Officers don't deal with immigration issues.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

depends 2009/8/28 14:00
if you're from a western nation like UK, Canada, USA, Australia etc.. you probably will not.

however if you are korean or chinese, filipino or from any other asian country you may be asked to provide proof of funds or at least proof of enrollment in your school.

do not travel to narita without a proof of enrollment to your school or they could cause you problems. they'll let you in but they will waste your time at the immigration area.
by winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread