Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Acceptable gifts? 2009/8/28 05:31
Hello,
I am a half native american from the arctic. I was wondering if traditional native things would be considered acceptable gifts(Jewelry, mittens,embroidered clothings, dream catchers). I was considering bringing some pictures of the northern lights too. Or would it be better to buy comercial things from a store instead before I go? I don't want to offend or be to cheap.
by Greybie (guest)  

go with original plan 2009/8/28 09:49
Bringing gifts from you area is much more unique than something brought at department store. I think they would enjoy that much more.
by Daz88 rate this post as useful

Great Gifts! 2009/8/28 10:22
I used to live in L.A., and my parents and I bought lots of Navaho items for ourselves and as gifts to our friends in Japan. They're beautiful!
by Uco, Japanese (guest) rate this post as useful

I agree 2009/8/28 20:04
Something from your culture - Inuit or Aleut (sorry I'm not familiar with the native names) maybe, if from the arctic? - would definitely make wonderful gifts :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Thank you. 2009/8/29 02:33
Thanks everybody, I feel a little more reassured. I'll stick to the original plan.

And I'm dene, which is different very different from the inuit, though we do inhabit the same general area.
by Greybie (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/8/29 22:21
The question is, acceptable gifts for what occasion?
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread