Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving one furniture piece? 2009/8/30 02:44
If I buy a furniture piece from online.. like craigslist.. and I need to have it shipped.. what services could do that?

I'm trying to buy a dresser located in Tokyo. But I live in Tochigi. I own a kei car.. but it's very small of course and I don't have an ETC card yet either. Money's tight right now..
by UreshiiMiko  

Furniture 2009/8/31 15:39
The price of moving the furniture may be more than the furniture itself. Buy locally and have it delivered for a small sum. Surely there are second hand stores in your area?? or flea market or stores that sell new furniture that is packed flat and easy to move???
Or buy stackable plastic or cardboard drawers and hide them behind a screen. Cheap solutions are endless. Buying from Craig list is not always safe or worthwhile
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/8/31 16:10
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Things like Fukuyama Tsu-un 2009/8/31 16:37
As suggested, takuhaibin service is your best option, and in particular, Fukuyama Tsu-un is among the cheapest in condition that you do the packing yourself. And they require packing, meaning you need to cover the furniture with shock absorbers. When I gave away furniture through the Classified section of this japan-guide.com site, I used Fukuyama Tsuun.
http://www.fukutsu.co.jp/
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread