Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taking the EJU for Waseda 2009/9/1 01:09
Hello. Currently I am a freshman college student in America, and I wanted to transfer to a university in Japan my sophomore year. I know there are opportunities such as study abroad, but I'm not interested in doing such a thing. I always wanted to attend either ICU or Waseda. Last year I was accepted to ICU, but due to financial reasons it was nearly impossible for me to go. On top of that, there weren't too many scholarship opportunities. This year I am re-applying to ICU, but I'm also going to apply to Waseda. Waseda seems to have more scholarship opportunities, so I'm more interested in this school. Anyway, I was reading the application process, and it says that I have to take a test called the EJU. I looked up the information for the EJU, but I'm unable to take it since it's not available in my country. However, I am able to take the JLPT in my country. Is there a difference between the JLPT and EJU? (By the way, I live in America)
by Jordan91  

... 2009/9/1 09:08
EJU not only tests your Japanese language proficiency like JLPT, but *also* tests your academic abilities in other fields, such as math, science, etc, as the university you are applying requires.

EJU replaces the dual requirements for JLPT (test only for the Japanese language proficiency) and another set of exams for students from abroad (no longer used) which were tests for those other fields.

Waseda does use this EJU as entrance examination for students from abroad - it would be best to inquire directly with them what you should do.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread